Our Grantmaking Policies
The Sinai Medical Staff Foundation gives priority to proposals from institutions in southeastern Michigan. The dollar amount of our grants range from $5000 to $250,000.
We primarily provide funds for medical education, medical research, medical facilities, patient support programs, and public resources.
We do not make grants for the following:
If a grant continues for more than one year, the grantee must provide annual accounting and progress reports. We do not extend grants beyond five years. We also do not make grants that include indirect costs.
The Application Process
Our fiscal year ends June 30th. Applications may be made at any time. Final consideration of grant applications usually occurs toward the close of the fiscal year. If an application is approved, payment of the grant will normally be made before June 30th.
To apply, submit a written preliminary application of not more than two pages by U.S. Mail. If your preliminary application is accepted for consideration by the Board of Directors you may be requested to submit a more thorough proposal of your application or appear before the Board of Directors.
Submit applications to:
c/o Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit
6735 Telegraph Rd
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, 48301
Instructions for writing a preliminary application:
1. The application should be no more than two pages in length.
2. Include the following information:
- A brief description of the organization
- Current officers and directors
- A brief description of the program in need of funding, including an explanation of its importance and a clear statement of its goals
- An income and expense budget
- Other potential sources of funding
- The amount requested
- The period in which the funds would be used
- Proof that the organization is a 501(c)(3)
- Current financial statements